BATON ROUGE, La. — Baton Rouge Black Alcoholism Council’s Metro Health invites you to join them on November 20th at 7pm as we observe World AIDS Day with the gospel music event of the year. “Singing for a Purpose”, features the award winning gospel singer Bishop Marvin Sapp praising the Lord with four local choirs. The event will undoubtedly be filled with excitement and praise as it not only glorifies the Lord, but it also helps Metro Health provide much needed services to the Baton Rouge community. The event will be held at Living Faith Christian Center located on 6375 Winbourne Avenue. Tickets are available for 25 dollars and can be picked up at Living Faith Christian Center. For more information call 225-338-9333 or email email@example.com. Cost: Payment required – $25 per ticket WHAT IS WORLD AIDS DAY? World AIDS Day is held on 1 December each year and is an opportunity for people worldwide to unite in the fight against HIV, show their support for people living with HIV and to commemorate people who have died. World AIDS Day was the first ever global health day and the first one was held in 1988.
ABOUT METRO HEALTH
BRBAC’s Metro Health develops and implements educational strategies to reduce the spread of HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). • Educates and provides risk reduction counseling and testing to individuals in institutional and community settings, • Encourages early HIV testing, • Motivates behavioral changes in persons with behaviors that put them at risk of getting infected with HIV/STDs,
• Increases the awareness of preventive services through workshops and seminars, presentations, and counseling,
• Renders support and directions to persons infected with HIV and other STDs,
• Offers alcohol and drug prevention and referral service (basic education, and connect individuals with alcohol or drug problems to counseling and treatment services),
• Provides educational services or women’s health issues,• Promotes women’s health and wellness and provides services,
• Promotes and e ducates the importance of nutrition and exercise.